About those fermented carrots...
Here's the recipe for the fermented carrots that I brought with me to this past Monday's NYC Ferments meetup at the Fifth Hammer Brewery in Long Island City.
- 1548 grams mixed red, yellow & orange carrots, shredded
- 31 grams of salt
- 1TBS whole allspice berries
- 1/2 tsp whole yellow mustard seed
- 1/2 tsp whole brown mustard seed
- 1/2 tsp whole black mustard seed
- 1TBS whole black pepper corns
- 1TBS whole coriander seed
Note: all spices were briefly toasted in a dry skillet
All of the above were mixed together, weighed down and placed in an airlocked fermentation jar. for about 2 weeks.